Growing up in Australia, Julian was the youngest sibling in a fanatical surfing family. At an early age he showed incredible natural ability and talent as he took home multiple pro junior titles and the 2006 ISA World Junior Title. With a style and versatility unmatched by other up-and-comers even several years his senior, Julian was pegged as a World Champion level talent even in his early teens. Further growing into his potential as a part of the Quiksilver Young Guns squad, Julian was surrounded by other once-in-a-generation talents like Kelly Slater and Dane Reynolds to constantly push the Sunshine Coaster to be his absolute best.
In 2010, Julian took a one year hiatus from competitive surfing to film his own signature film, “Scratching the Surface” which was received with critical acclaim. Upon completion of the film Julian returned to competitive surfing, and with barely a year on the WQS, was qualified for the 2011 ASP World Tour. Since being on tour, Julian has become one of the most electrifying surfers and is always tagged as one of the top contenders at every stop, and more importantly, one of the absolute best to watch - in a jersey or not.
When not surfing, Julian spends his spare time catching up with friends, mountain biking, or playing golf, and is also an avid supporter and ambassador of the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Julian has already won many of surfing’s most iconic events and despite being on tour for a short time, his resume resembles that of a tour veteran. Julian’s impressive competitive success as well as his down-to-earth and likeable personality have made him one of the industry’s most desired athletes.
In addition to serving as a proud spokesman for many of surf’s most respected brands, Julian has also been featured in hundreds of editorial articles and has appeared on the covers of surfing’s top magazines.
- 2016 - 2nd, Drug Aware Pro Margaret River (WCT)
- 2015 – 2nd, J-Bay Open (WCT)
- 2015 – 2nd, Fiji Pro Tavarua (WCT)
- 2015 – 2nd, Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast (WCT)
- 2014 – Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Champion
- 2014 – 1st, Billabong Pipeline Masters (WCT)
- 2013 – 2nd, Hurley Pro - Lower Trestles, CA (WCT)
- 2012 – 1st, Quiksilver Pro Portugal (WCT)
- 2012 – 1st, Nike US Open of Surfing – Huntington Beach (Prime)
- 2011 – 1st, Quiksilver Pro Portugal (Prime)
- 2011 – Qualified for the WSL World Tour
- 2010 – Triple Crown "Rookie of the Year"
- 2010 – 2nd, O'Neill World Cup - Sunset Beach (Prime)
- 2010 – Released First Signature Film, “Scratching the Surface”
- 2008 – Surfer Poll Awards' “Best Performance of the Year” for Young Guns III (Youngest-ever recipient)
JS Industries, Hurley, Red Bull, Nike Footwear, Oakley, FCS, SunBum Sunscreen